Monday 18 December 2017

So That, Too, Just Happened...Again

Ah, sweet memories.

Remember the good times we had when I attended my WCA way back in the day (or at least November)? All the stress and anxiety worrying about coping in the waiting room, being made to wait for ages to be seen by someone who, despite not being a mental health professional, would ask a series of questions ignoring your health all just to find a tiny sliver of capacity they can use to completely deny you an income? Those good times?

Well...they're back!

So the not-a-doctor who saw me back then had decided that, in case she got sued or something, I'd have to be seen an actual doctor (but still not-a-doctor, because if you were a doctor you'd be a proper doctor, not working for the Gestapo here). Consequently, despite attending in good faith, and ignoring all the ensuing anxiety and dress, I had to tootle off back home like nothing had happened (which ironically is what happened). 

She did say that she would try and get me a home appointment, but I had assumed that wasn't going to happen as a couple of weeks later I got a letter for a new appointment at Gestapo Central - not a home visit. Well that appointment should have been today.

Should have?

That's right! They fucked up again! So my appointment, much to the perfunctory hard-assed stone-faced bemusement of the desk droid, had been cancelled. She had to ring HQ to get the correct programming in order to deal with this second clerical error.

To cut a long story short: it was cancelled, though no one bothered to tell me (despite them having my phone number, which she confirmed as part of establishing my ID), because I was supposed to be getting/going to be getting a...home visit!

So that's another load of stress for precisely fuck all. What do I get for this? I get to go home and wait for yet another envelope of doom to fall through the door and wait afresh. 

What a wonderful system. Clerical errors ohdearhowsadsorryaboutthat. Bullshit, this is people's lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...