Monday 26 September 2016

BLM Meets the Quiet Man?

Black Lives Matter is a movement I agree with, as I suspect (and hope) all anarchists do. Who can deny the existence of racist structures in the American (and not just American) state?

Colin Kaepernick is an American Football player who's standing up to the racist US establishment and its imperialist hegemony by refusing to participate in the anachronism that is the national anthem

So it's kinda weird to see this:



The only 'Ian Smith' that I know of who said such a thing is our beloved former Welfare Overlord, Iain "The Fridge" Duncan Smith (he's certainly cold as ice).

Now, look, this isn't a criticism. I've got all the respect in the world for BLM and it's supporters, including Colin. It just made me chuckle.

Or maybe the Ian Smith's of the world are on the march, nmaybe they could adopt a catchy acronym: IS...?

No, that will never catch on.

Here's a poem someone else wrote. I found it while trying to find IDS' toe curling quiet man speech.


 I couldn't find that speech, perhaps it's for the best. Not even a wet grey Monday morning can persuade me to trawl the depths of youtube and listen to more of that awkward hateful zealot's performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...