Monday 13 May 2013

This Isn't A Terribly Exciting Post


Just went to the doctors to see about rebooking an appointment to get tested for ADD/Aspergers/Whatever – it’s a great big nebulous area that no one seems to understand. Unfortunately I had to see a different doctor because of how badly organised my surgery is, but she was ok. It’s always nice when you see a pretty lady doctor; takes the edge off!

I still have to see my regular GP; my sick note will end in a month’s time. I tried to book an appointment afterwards only to find that, again, he’s on holiday. I have no problem with doctors having a break for heaven’s sake, but I seem to only ever want to see him when he’s doing just that (or moving house). Not only that but because he’s only available one day a week he’s in huge demand. I couldn’t even book an appointment for the following week because, despite advances in modern computer systems and IT, his diary doesn’t go that far. I can buy a paper diary that lasts 365 days, but the admin software at the surgery thinks the limit of the spacetime continuum is 3 weeks. Perhaps this is post-NHS Britain!

On the way home I bumped into a friend of mine not long removed from Incapacity Benefit now signing on. He tells me that the JC are making people give access to their Universal Jobmatch account. This doesn’t surprise me, even though the latest guidelines that I can find state that people cannot be mandated. It confirms the nature of this system: even if you are in the right all you do by complaining is make yourself a target. It depends on the attitude of the adviser you see. If that person happens to be a wanker then complaining will just get your card marked. You can’t really win and I’m sure they’ll just refer you to the Decision Maker which at the very least would cause no amount of trouble as the system presumes guilt before innocence taking much longer to rectify mistakes – if indeed it is a mistake, the rules might well have changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...