Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Quality of Jobs 1

Something I've noticed, as I look at yet another DWP jobsearch advert, is that a lot of vacancies link to the company's career page. This is fine, in my opinion. We're all about the interwebs these days, even on really old dinosaur computers like mine. But I've begun to notice a trend that I initially regarded as just typical laziness in inputting these adverts online, on the part of the DWP. They link to a career page that doesn't exist. Instead you get to the company's main page and then have to navigate your way through.

However the one I'm looking at now (FHind the Jewellers) doesn't even have a career page. Yet the links on these adverts are all the same: "www.companyname.com/careers". 

I'm beginning to wonder - though perhaps I'm getting even more paranoid these days (wouldn't be difficult let's be honest) - if these adverts are generated for less than honest reasons. It's as if no one checked to see if there was even a vacancy to begin with. That can't be true surely? But why would "company name" give the wrong website info to the JC to advertise their job? Maybe they're all that incompetent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...