Friday 2 March 2012

Today at the JC

Having just signed on, fellow travellers, the journey continues. The communication between Psychologist, DA and also GP is slow. Why? Who knows, but at the same time I'm constantly reminded of the JC's urgency in getting me onto the Work Programme or some such. If there are people that think the unemployment service is run well then please tell them to seek medical help. It seems that the DA has the final say in whether Work Choices, a scheme sold to me on the basis of being the best suited for my needs, is indeed suitable.


But the Disability Adviser isn't a doctor; my GP is a doctor, he knows me better and would probably endorse (and how !) my entering this scheme. The Psychologist is a doctor (well you know what I mean), and she suggested it. The DA however isn't, and is more concerned, it seems, how much it might cost the DWP (as opposed to the Work Programme, which of course is free isn't it! Er!).


Anyway I'm repeating what I posted yesterday. Mind you that was a stream of consciousness masquerading as insanity so I'd be surprised if anyone could follow that!


I was given a work from home opportunity to apply for this week. The job involves researching information from websites, whatever that means. It lists a btinternet email address and a company I've never heard of. Now for all I know this could be the greatest opportunity I'll ever see; it could be 100% legitimate. Or it could involve me giving sensitive information (bank account details, NI number, etc - whatever is needed to log me as a proper working person and to get paid). How can I know for sure? Does the JC vet the positions they receive? I bet the answer is no. Having agreed to apply for this, I'm committed to that course of action and have to see it through on pain of sanction. Is it really too much to ask for these jobs to come with as much of a rubber stamp of legitimacy and security as is possible? As far as I'm aware anyone can submit a vacancy with as little info as possible, and that's certainly the case here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...