Tuesday 27 March 2012

Programmed - Tidbit

I just rang the Salvation Army HQ (their number off their website) ostensibly to enquire about the paradox of being in a position to sanction people - push them into poverty - while being a charity that helps people in need. I got through to the Employment Plus section, which wasn't actually my intention. I wanted to ask them as the master organisation because I was under the impression that Employment Plus was a more neutral, less religious, organisation they almost subcontracted to. Interestingly that's not the case. In fact when I asked if Employment Plus was as Christian oriented as the Salvation Army itself I was told 'of course' - in a tone that seemed almost surprised that I would even ask. I didn't push the issue and was told that they don't really like to put people up for sanction unless it's a last resort. Now I have to give them the benefit of the doubt on this, to be fair. Hopefully it's true, but I couldn't speak to anyone directly related to the WP (they're all in a meeting of course!). Whether their not being a neutral organisation, if what I'm told is true (don't know why she'd lie to me), affects WP provision I do not know.

2 comments:

  1. If i was evil..I would go in wearing a pentagram, and dress "goth". dont say anything about your religion, and will see what happens ;)..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ball's in their court on this one. I haven't the energy to get into arguments with people who believe what a book tells them beause the book was written by god (it says so in the book). You just get nowhere. So it depends on whether or not the place is full of religious paraphenalia for example.

      Delete

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...