Friday 30 March 2012

Programmed - A Quick Sign On

My appointment, as I sit in the library briefly, was at 10 in the am. Fortunately I was seen reasonably promptly although there was some guff about a group meeting that people are meant to have with regard of the Work Programme. This came up because such a meeting was happening as I went in. I have no idea what that was all about.


Really the only change for claimants now on the WP is they get a smart new frontpage for their signing book and they don't have to go through a jobsearch at the JC - that's for the provider to accomplish. So the only thing to report (forgive me, there's nothing else to do in town while I wait for the bus - it's a nice library though) is that the process is more or less the same: you still have to bring in your jobsearch but that search is done via the WP. And, again tediously, the JC don't seem capable of sticking to a regular signing time. Each time I go in they have to book a new time for my next appointment, even though my signing book says 10am. It's a ridiculous system that I think even the frontline staff regard as stupid; it's just petty bureaucracy and it doesn't help people like me that have to rely on public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...