Saturday 10 March 2012

Not Much Help

Just as an epilogue to this week's shenanigans, I get a call from The Psychologist. She suggests helping me write a letter that can be presented to the Work Programme provider, now that Work Choices is out the window, telling them of my needs and issues. This sounds like a good idea until she realises she's actually too busy to do this. Ok, I suggest emailing her a copy of this proposed letter that I will write on my own and she can, most importantly in my view, rubber stamp this: put her name in her official capacity to it. Unfortunately while she's happy for me to do all this, her name won't carry any weight with the provider and so refuses.

It seems these providers are under no obligation to listen to the DWP regarding such issues as the state/health/wellbeing/whatever of a particular client. They can dismiss or ignore everything The Psychologist might say or agree with. So of course the obvious question is why would she think they would take me anymore seriously. Well of course I'm the person the programme is meant to be tailored around. We all know how that's turning out and how much say clients get in this matter, under pain of sanction; and of course without support materials such as this, without official approval, I have nothing to back me up. Again the client is left in the twilight zone of uncertainty dealing with all this inhuman unfeeling machinery.

That she can't even be bothered to sign off on it says it all, as far as I'm concerned. She's all bluster and no muster. What's the point of her? Something even my GP wants to know. Though I doubt he will see things as I do. Again they just don't understand the reality - the nitty gritty day to day bullshit - that people go through dealing with the DWP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...