Monday 19 December 2011

Unbelievable

Simply, unbelievable.

To anyone with a conscience, or at least a grounding in economics, that is.

This society is going to suffer a lot more than the popular and populist media will ever ever reveal.

One side effect that concerns me - and I don't even pretend to have a scintilla of the problems that this person does - is that the level of severity that is required to be taken seriously will rise and rise. While of course people such as Sue Marsh should, without fucking question, receive ALL the help and support they need, those, like myself, who have problems of our own will have to, to quote Pink Floyd, hang on in quiet desperation. Now that's not a plea of self pity, I cannot begin to imagine her struggles, it's pointing out that we are yet again storing up a nest of vipers. People forced to repress much less serious issues are not going to do society any favours as that repression, forced by the system, will be the cause of family breakdown, addiction, nervous breakdown, or just the inability to sustain work at a time when it's more important than ever not to lose work. It exacerbates the divide and rule mentality: with so little resource to go around, cut ever more to the bone by this awful government, the masses are then led by the media increasingly to fight over the scraps when this country could support everyone needing help. Because of this I find myself mindful, as i write, that I'm trying to compare my meagre woes to the condition this poor individual endures. No comparison, nor should there be.

Good luck to Sue Marsh in her quest dealing with this scum outfit in power. What I think is needed is to get these issues and cases such as hers, with all due respect, into the public eye as much as widely and as often as possible. People are just not aware of what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...