Thursday 22 December 2011

Campaigns

Today's Guardian, as we enter the Xmas orbit, is a call to arms. I'm not going to spend this post repeating what it says other than to post links to the campaigns in question.

Here is an article on the 38Degrees blogs about welfare reform, a cause they seem reluctant to support. We need to change that. I've sent them an email, in response to their thanking me for participating in their campaigns this year, asking this. This is an excellent letter from a blog i've not come across before, to the head of 38 Degrees.

Here is the link to an epetition calling for a pause, at least, to the welfare reform bill. We have until January to change their opinions.

Here is a link to an epetition calling for it to be made an offence to maliciously report someone for benefit fraud. I think this has to be looked at: someone that reports on their neighbour out of what is essentially spite must be held accountable.

Scope are campaigning to preserve legal aid for disability claimants. This has ramifications for all claimants and so must be opposed.

While many of these are issues surrounding disability benefits/welfare specifically, make no mistake it won't end there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...