Friday 14 October 2011

Hate Mail

Signed on this morning. The adviser wasn't present today so it was converted to a 'regular' (as if there's a difference) signing. Unfortunately I got the pedantic middle aged woman that I don't enjoy seeing. She isn't particularly unpleasant, but just a bit too pedantic: the sort that makes things just that bit more hard work than is ever necessary. I'm greeted by her pulling out a piece of paper that seems to confuse her and affords her the opportunity to screw up her face - something she does a lot, as if she's perpetually surrounded by a bad smell.
Turns out that Tesco didn't like my email address (not the one attached to this site, my much much older hotmail account that I use for casual mail - and job applications). Now that email address isn't offensive, it's from a lyric "emissary of the crystal who makes the sign of the serpent". I just like the song, and I prefer my email addresses to have a bit of imagination, rather than my name and a number representing the fact that I'm the ten thousandth person to come up with such an original moniker. She fusses over this fact telling me I need to sort out a new email account because this one is bad for business (no one else has complained) and employers don't like it, blah blah blah. Honestly what a load of pathetic nonsense; i could understand if it was 'tescorwankers@whatever'. So much for a tiny bit of creativity and individuality in our lives. Nope the jobcentre hath spoken and big business tells them to tell me they seem to find dealing with someone called signoftheserpent a frightening and possibly satanic (yes, that's right - hide your goats!) ordeal. Not that Tesco could contact me personally of course (and pointing this out seemed to invoke a load of administrative bollocks). The jobcentre also knew about this a month ago, but never chose to tell me, despite seemingly taking this - now - very seriously.
It's all so very pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...