Tuesday 27 September 2011

Boss Bans Jobcentre (ugh, it's the Daily Express)

I don't know what to make of this. Well I do, actually, it's from the Daily Express (and the Mail picked it up as well) so it's probably bunkum. Or at least a fantastic distortion of the facts.
I suspect at the heart of this is again the JObcentre's fascination with sending anyone to any job, regardless of what the employee actually wabnts. I have already hinted at how they change or distort requirements when advertising a position submitted to them. I think that's what's happened here.
Certainly tghere are some scummy kids out there. Unfortunately. I know because I 've been on the receiving end of their behaviour, particularly when returning from a hospital visit to see a relative dying of pneumonia. But there are, we must all concede, some decent kids out there. But they are all kids; the good ones should be supported while the others should be recognised for being failed by their environment and the system they are in (including their parents, for whom the same can be said). My point: putting school leavers up for a full time farm job they are not interested in isn't going to end well.
This is what happens when you marshal people into the wrong job. People are individual with individual needs but the welfare system simply fails to recognise this. So these people will have been submitted for this job, on pain of sanction, and lo and behold they are unsuitable. This of course says nothing about the boss in question whom I suspect may be a bit intolerant of this and another of these 'pull yer socks' up types completely unwilling to accept people can't just go from unemployed to full time farm work in a flash. More fool him if he's inflexible, farm work is difficult and hard. It's a vocation not a job you can just push people into so as to satisfy the government's need for welfare reform.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm Back!

Years and years ago, before anyone had ever heard of disease and pandemics, I started this blog. I gave it a stupid name from an Alan Partri...